At Bliss Anand America, we don’t like saying the word no. We know that we have experienced engineering and production teams, and armed with the right tools, we believe they can solve any problem.
So when BP came to us with a unique solution, we put our best people to the test. Working with our partners Badotherm, Bliss created a special solution to suit BP’s requirements.
- Very high process temperature – 760°F
- Small process connection – no larger than 1”
- Process fluid is a gas with high levels of hydrogen, and small amounts of H2S and NH3
- Are there any fill fluids that handle temperatures up to 760°F?
- EJX430 (preferred Yokogawa gauge pressure transmitter) can only handle up to 248°F
- Durability of gold coating – specifically regarding thermal shock at startup
- Materials and NACE certification requirements
- Use BSO-48 as a fill fluid to handle temperatures ranging from -4 – 788°F
- Use EJX530A transmitter rather than EJX430, as it contains fully welded construction (no gaskets or threads). It is highly recommended for high temperature/high pressure applications
- Supply a 1 piece BF design with a thermal reducer
- Supply gold-coated seal with 40μm on 316L diaphragm and other wetted parts. Alloy 400 specified by customer is only suitable for temperature below 392°F
Through perseverance, a lot of back and forth and discussion, and a creative mindset for solving problems, Bliss-Badotherm is now the only supplier (globally) for gold-coated seals with high temperature fill fluids.
For more information about our Gold-Coating, download our brochure here: Badotherm Diaphragm Seal Solution Gold Coating
For more information about our High Temperature Diaphragm Seals, download our brochure here: htds-seal-solutions